These avocado keto spring rolls can be enjoyed as an appetizer, party food or a delicious snack. They are Whole30, keto, paleo, glute free and vegan too.
Cooked in an air fryer these crispy spring rolls have a creamy avocado filling packed with flavour. Enjoy them by themselves or serve with a tasty dip. Either way you will be thinking of your next spring roll whilst eating your first one!
Carbs in spring rolls
Spring rolls are traditionally made from think flour or rice wrappers which are not suitable for a low carb diet. A spring roll rice wrapper has 22g net carbs. For this recipe I have used Nuco wraps which are made from coconut meat, coconut water and coconut oil and are only 4g net carbs each.
How to make avocado spring rolls
I’ve cooked these avocado spring rolls in the air fryer to keep them crispy and reduce the oil. They could be baked if you don’t have an air fryer or perhaps pan fried.
To make these tasty spring rolls it's as simply as mixing the avocado with spring onion and sundried tomato and then using filling the coconut wraps. Roll the wraps up tight and cook in the air fryer.
The avocado filling could be flavoured with other ingredients. Perhaps chopped jalapeno and cilantro?
To bake these avocado spring rolls, lightly brush them with oil and baked on a parchment paper lined baking tray for 10 minutes at 180C/350F degrees. You will need to turn them over halfway through baking for an even crispy coating.
To pan fry, heat oil in a deep skillet on a medium heat and quickly cook, turning over to ensure even cooking.
More keto vegetarian appetizers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Avocado Keto Spring Rolls
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the avocado, spring onions, sundried tomatoes, lime juice, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Slightly mash the avocado for a smoother filling.
- Making one spring roll at time, place a coconut wrap with one corner pointing towards you (in a diamond shape).
- Dip your finger in water and rub it on the edges of the wrapper. This will help to make it stick when rolled.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the avocado filling just about the bottom corner (not quite the center of the wrap). Fold the corner over the filling and roll up, folding in the sides as you roll.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil and place the avocado rolls into the basket. Give them a light spray.
- Cook at 190C/370F degrees for 5-6 minutes until the spring rolls are golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce
YOUR OWN NOTES