This turmeric cauliflower recipe is a simple keto vegan dish that makes a great side dish.
Rather than roast the cauliflower, the cauliflower is cooked on the stove in a dry tomato sauce with spices. If you find it too dry for your personal taste, add some coconut milk for a spicy smooth sauce.
Is Turmeric Good for Keto?
As well as giving a dish a golden colour, turmeric has other health properties due to the curcumin. It has great anti-inflammatory properties and helps reduce blood sugar. It's a great spice to add to your keto diet.
How to Make Turmeric Cauliflower
This easy cauliflower recipe is a one pot low carb side dish. Cauliflower florets are lightly sauteed in turmeric, then added to a spicy tomato sauce. I grate the tomatoes but you could finely chop them.
Other Keto Cauliflower Side Dishes
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tomatoes grated
- 1 inch ginger, fresh peeled & grated
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the cauliflower florets in a bowl and sprinkle the turmeric over the florets. Ensure all the pieces are coated.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the cauliflower on a medium heat. Stir until the florets are slightly golden. Remove the florets and set aside.
- Add the green chilli, ginger and tomatoes to the saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Return the cauliflower florets to the saucepan and add the chilli powder. Cover and cook until the cauliflower florets are tender.
YOUR OWN NOTES