This easy 7 layer keto taco dip is great for parties, game days or any gatherings. It’s colourful, creamy and full of flavour.
We were both surprised how much we enjoyed this dip as we have never eaten the non carb variety. Armed with a batch of my low carb tortilla chips, dinner that night was put on hold as we devoured this dip with gusto.
How to make 7 layer keto taco dip
If you already have guacamole, salsa and refried beans to hand, this dip takes minutes. If you don't, these layers don't take long to make.
The order of layers in this keto 7 layer dip
The important layer is the salsa. You don't want this near the guacamole or sour cream as you will soon have a watery dip.
I assemble the layers in this order:
- Refried beans - I use my recipe that uses lupini beans in place of pinto. You could use black soy beans instead.
- Spiced sour cream - Sour cream is mixed with sour cream and spices.
- Guacamole - If you have a couple of ripe avocados to hand, they can be mashed and flavoured with lime and spice.
- Shredded Cheese - I used a strong British Cheddar for this but Pepper Jack cheese would work just as well.
- Salsa - Ensure that your salsa is not too watery before layering.
- Green onions - also known as spring onions
- Black olives - stone removed
- Taco spice mix - Feel free to play around with the spices for your own palate or even omit them if you want less spice.
More low carb vegetarian dip recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
7 Layer Keto Taco Dip
Seasoning for Sour Cream Mix
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large dish (I used a 1.5 quart glass loaf dish) spread the keto refried beans over the base.
- Spoon the guacamole over the beans and spread evenly.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and spices together.
- Spread the spiced mayonnaise mixture over the guacamole.
- Sprinkle the shredded Cheddar cheese over the mayonnaise.
- Spoon the salsa over the cheese.
- Scatter the chopped onions and olives over the cheese
- Store in the fridge for an hour before serving to allow the layers to blend.
- Best eaten within 24 hours.
YOUR OWN NOTES