This simple keto nut loaf recipe is made with brazil nuts and zucchini for a delicious low carb vegetarian main meal. Serve with vegetables and a low carb sauce for a hearty meal.
Served either hot or cold, this is an easy brazil nut recipe to make.
Are brazil nuts keto?
Brazil nuts are a great keto option as they are the 3rd nut with the lowest net carbs (hazelnuts and pecans being lower). A 1oz (28g) serving of brazil nuts are just 1.3g net carbs.
Benefits of brazil nuts
Brazil nuts are a great nut to enjoy, whether you are following low carb or not. These nuts have the highest content of selenium, which is great for the thyroid, immune system and cell growth.
How to make a keto brazil nut roast
This is a simple nut roast recipe with the vegetables and nuts processed together, seasoned and then baked. Zucchini is used in this nut loaf to keep it moist just as you would making a zucchini bread loaf.
For the topping, I served this with slices of grilled zucchini, purely for decorative purposes. It adds a dash of colour!
The ingredients you will need to make this nut roast recipe are:
- Brazil nuts - These could be substituted with other low carb nuts such as walnuts, almond or pecans.
- Zucchini - Keeps the nut loaf moist and helps bind the mixture.
- Almond Flour - In place of breadcrumbs for a low carb and gluten free binder. Coconut flour or other low carb flours could be substituted.
- Nutritional Yeast - used for the slight cheesy taste and to boost the nutritional content.
- Tamari sauce - Adds a dash of flavour. Try coconut aminos too.
- Thyme - This herbs helps give flavour, but could be substituted with other herbs such as sage, oregano or mixed Italian herbs.
- Salt & Pepper
Can this nut roast be made vegan?
To make this brazil nut recipe vegan, simply omit the egg and add additional tamari sauce to help bind the mixture. It is moist enough to not require an egg substitute because of the zucchini.
What to serve with this low carb nut roast
This nut roast is a great main dish served with a vegan cheese sauce or mushroom sauce. Side vegetable dishes that go well with this nut loaf are roasted celeriac, tofu mac and cheese or cheesy baked asparagus.
More keto nut loaf recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Brazil Nut Loaf
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin with parchment paper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pan and cook the onionand garlic for 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Place the brazil nuts in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Add the cooked onions and garlic, grated zucchini and blitz until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a large bowl and add the egg, nutritional yeast, thyme, tamari sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the almond flour until you have a moist but firm mixture with an even colour.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and press it down firmly and evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes until firm and golden on the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing.
- Slice and serve!