This easy low carb vegan cheese sauce is quick and delicious. Made with nutritional yeast it's also nut free, gluten free and keto too.
Pour this vegan cheese sauce over your vegetables or noodles for a quick and easy meal. We use it in our cabbage gratin and vegan zucchini gratin. Try it with a whole roasted cauliflower for a main keto vegan dish.
How to make low carb vegan cheese sauce with nutritional yeast
For this recipe you mix the ingredients in a blender, then heat in a saucepan until the sauce thickens. It's that simple!
Just a handful of low carb store cupboard ingredients make this easy keto vegan cheese sauce.
- Nutritional Yeast
- Hemp Hearts
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
Nutritional Yeast Cheese Sauce
Nutritional yeast is great for keto vegans as makes a great replacement for Parmesan cheese for any cheese sauce recipe. It is a complete protein with 18 amino acids as well as being a great source of B vitamins.
More recipes with nutritional yeast
Try these other recipes with nutritional yeast as an ingredient.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Low Carb Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until mixed.
- Pour the liquid into a small saucepan and heat through on a medium heat for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Store in a jar until ready for use.