A few simple ingredients make this delicious crustless zucchini quiche for a tasty lunch or dinner. It's a great way to enjoy your summer zucchini.
This easy zucchini quiche is perfect for a low carb summer lunch or light dinner, this is great served with a side salad and a side of coleslaw. It can be enjoyed warm from the oven but is equally as delicious cold, when the flavours have developed.
How to make crustless zucchini quiche
A crustless quiche is as easy as making a frittata. You beat eggs and cream, add the filling with a dash of seasoning and bake!
The main challenges with this low carb quiche is ensuring that the excess water is removed from the shredded zucchini. If you don't do this the quiche will not be as firm as it should.
How to make ahead, store and reheat
- To Make Ahead - Prepare the zucchini ahead and store in your fridge in a sealed container.
- To Store - keep any leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days, covered.
- Reheat - Zap in the microwave for a couple of minutes to reheat.
Instead of shredding the zucchini, thinly slice the zucchini.
If you have any leftover quiche mixture, pour it into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
Try other herbs or even cheeses. Basil or oregano would be a great herb substitute. Feta cheese would work too.
More zucchini recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Crustless Zucchini Quiche
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded about 1 large zucchini
- 6 medium eggs
- 3 green onions chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan, shredded vegetarian
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Sit for 10 minutes then rinse.
- Squeeze the excess water out (I use a cheese cloth but a strong paper towel will work).
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the heavy cream.
- Add the zucchini, green onion, cheeses, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 inch pie dish.
- Bake at 200C/400F degrees for 35-40 minutes until firm.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.