Whether you're a seasoned keto aficionado or simply looking for a delightful low-carb meal, our Keto Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche offers the perfect solution. It's an excellent option for breakfast, brunch, or even a light dinner.
The tender broccoli florets add a refreshing crunch and a host of essential vitamins and minerals. Combined with the rich, sharp taste of cheddar cheese, this crustless broccoli cheddar quiche becomes a delectable combination of savory and satisfying.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Benefits of Broccoli
Broccoli is incredibly low in carbohydrates, making it an ideal choice for keto. One cup of cooked broccoli contains only about 6 grams of net carbs, making it a great option to include in your meals while staying within your daily carb limit.
Broccoli is packed with essential nutrients, including vitamins C, K, and A, folate, potassium, and iron
All of the ingredients for a broccoli and cheese quiche but without the pastry.
- Broccoli - fresh, firm broccoli florets are used. Frozen broccoli can be used but defrost them before use.
- Cheddar - we use a strong British Cheddar but other cheeses such as feta, goats cheese or pepper jack can be used.
How to make a crustless broccoli cheddar quiche
This is a quick and easy recipe to make. It would make a great recipe to make with your children when introducing them to cooking too.
- Steam or cook the broccoli until slightly tender.
- Beat the eggs with cream and seasoning.
- Add the broccoli florets to a baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli and add the cheddar cheese.
After cooking the broccoli, make sure to drain any excess water thoroughly. Excess moisture can make the quiche watery and affect the texture.
Enhance the taste of your quiche by incorporating herbs and spices. Garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes can add a delightful kick.
Since cheese can be naturally salty, take care when adding additional salt to the quiche. Taste the mixture before seasoning to avoid over-salting.
If you have leftovers, refrigerate them in an airtight container. Reheat individual slices in the microwave or oven for a quick and satisfying keto-friendly meal later on.
Enjoy the delectable flavors and healthy indulgence of your homemade crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche while staying true to your keto lifestyle!
As delicious as a slice of this by itself is, make this into a hearty meal by serving with a green salad, side of coleslaw and caprese salad. Try serving this tasty keto quiche with sides of turnip fries, cheesy asparagus or celeriac mash.
More Keto Quiche Recipes
If you enjoy a quiche, you can still enjoy them on a low carb diet. Use a low carb crust or make them crustless. A few keto quiche recipes you might enjoy are:
Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a 8-inch pie dish.
- Steam or cook the broccoli until tender. Drain and dry the florets.
- Spread the steamed and drained broccoli florets evenly in the greased pie dish. Sprinkle the ⅔ of the shredded cheddar cheese over the broccoli.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli and cheese in the pie dish. Use a spoon or spatula to gently press down on the broccoli to ensure it's submerged in the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese on top of the quiche.
- Place the pie dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the quiche is set in the center and the top is golden brown.
- Once baked, remove the quiche from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing.
YOUR OWN NOTES