This keto jollof rice is made with cauliflower rice to make the traditional West African rice dish low carb.
Traditionally, jollof is made in one pot but when I tried this with cauliflower rice the result was soggy. I find cooking the cauliflower separately then adding it to the spicy tomato sauce works better. It is then baked in the oven for a more rice like texture.
My low carb version of jollof is losely based on my Ghanian Mother-in-laws recipe. She made the best jallof and always made it vegetarian for me.
If you don't like your food too spicy then omit the chillies. If you like a bit more heat then add extra chillies and some ginger.
This keto jollof rice is delicious by itself or as a side. One head of cauliflower will happily feed four people as I found the portions a good size. I ate some the next morning along with a couple of eggs for extra protein making a delicious spicy keto vegetarian breakfast.
Other Cauliflower Recipes
Keto Jollof Rice
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- 2 chilli peppers deseeded & chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees,
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place in a food processor.
- Blitz until the cauliflower resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and spices and combine well.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring through half way.
- Eat and enjoy!