Loaded radishes are pan fried in butter, then topped with cheese and chopped onions for a low carb side dish. It's a great alternative to potatoes and is easy to make too.
If you are missing eating loaded potatoes then you may want to try this keto radish recipe. Cooked radishes have a very different taste to raw and these taste great.
Carbs in Radishes
Radishes are a great low carb vegetable and have 1.8g net carbs for a 100g serving making them a good choice for a keto vegetarian and vegan diet.
How to make keto loaded radishes
This recipe cooks the radishes in an iron skillet but they could also be roasted or cooked in the air fryer. I tried air frying them but personally liked them better cooked in the skillet. You want a crispy golden radish and cooking them in butter gives them a great taste.
Once the radishes are cooked they are topped with cheese and chopped spring onions. The cheese used can vary. I've used Cheddar cheese and mozzarella and liked both but the Cheddar cheese won. Use your favourite cheese.
How to make this keto vegan
Replace the butter with avocado or olive oil.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
Cut the radishes into slices for quicker cooking.
Top with sliced jalapenos for a spicier dish or add a dash of cumin and cayenned pepper to the cooked radishes.
Watch the video how it's made
More low carb side dishes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
- 16 oz radishes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese shredded/grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chives or parsley chopped
- Trim the radishes and cut into quarters.
- In a medium skillet pan on a medium heat add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the radishes and cook until golden, turning over regularly.
- The radishes should take 15-20 minutes to cook depending upon size.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Cover with the grated cheese and chopped green onions.
- Place under the broiler or bake in a hot oven for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream in the middle and scatter chives/parsley on top.