This green beans with walnuts recipe is an elegant and easy recipe with just a few simple ingredients. With just a few ingredients you have a great tasting side dish in under 15 minutes.
Serve as a side dish with a hearty nut roast or stuffed celeriac. It's delicious enough to enjoy by itself! This recipe has quickly became one of my favourite side dishes that I could not tire of!
Carbs in Green Beans
Green beans are a great low carb vegetable with only 3.6g net carbs per 100g serving. They are a great source of vitamins and minerals, especially manganese.
Health Benefits of Walnuts
How to make green beans with walnuts
This simple and quick side side is made in a skillet but you could use a frying pan or saucepan.
Just a few ingredients are required:
- Green Beans
- Balsamic Vinegar
It is as easy as cooking the beans and garlic in butter, adding the balsamic vinegar and walnuts and enjoying an elegant dish.
More low carb vegetarian side dishes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Green Beans with Walnuts
- 6 oz green beans trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the butter in a skillet on a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the green beans, toss in the garlic and butter and cook for 5 minutes, tossing to ensure even cooking.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and walnuts and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!