Quick and easy cheese stuffed peppers with spinach are baked with four different types of cheese for a tasty vegetarian dish.
A bright and vibrant dish that is for cheese lovers! At only 6g net carbs a serving these keto stuffed peppers make a great low carb dinner with 15g of protein too.
Are Bell Peppers Keto?
Although bell peppers are great for a keto diet, there is a difference of net carbs in the colours. For a 100g serving, green bell peppers are 2.9g net carbs, red peppers are 3.9g net carbs and yellow peppers are 5.1g net carbs.
Low Carb Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Why use one cheese to stuff your bell peppers when four will do! The cream cheese and parmesan hold the mixture together, the feta gives a slight salty taste and the mozzarella gives the wonderful stringy melted texture.
I added spinach for a touch of colour and because spinach goes well with any cheese.
How Do I Reheat Stuffed Peppers?
Reheat the cooked peppers in an oven for about 10 minutes at 180C/350F degrees. Cover them with foil to make sure that the top does not dry out.
Alternatively heat them in the microwave for about 5 minutes.
What to serve with cheese stuffed peppers
Hearty enough to enjoy by themselves with a side salad, these vegetarian keto stuffed peppers can also be served as a side dish with a nut roast.
I have also cooked these stuffed peppers in an air fryer. They were cooked for 15 minutes at 180C/350F degrees.
The cream cheese could be replaced with ricotta or cottage cheese.
Omit the spinach and enjoy only cheese. Perhaps add a few jalapeno slices for a touch of spice.
Not all four cheeses have to be used. You could use a couple of them or add another cheese for a different flavour, such as gouda.
Try these other low carb vegetarian recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 cup spinach, frozen defrosted
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 4 oz Feta cheese
- ¾ cup Mozzarella cheese grated keep ¼ cup aside for topping
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese vegetarian
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthways and remove the seeds. Place them in a baking dish or on a baking tray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the spinach with the cheeses and seasoning. (Remember to set aside ¼ cup of the mozzarella cheese).
- Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top of the peppers are golden.
- Serve whilst warm with chopped chives or parsley on top.