Quick and tasty vegan peanut noodles are made with celeriac noodles for an easy low carb meal. A spicy and creamy sauce makes for a tasty low carb vegan dish.
Ready in just under 25 minutes this makes a great midweek night meal when you need a meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
What is celeriac root?
Celeriac root is also known as celery root and is a root vegetable. It's a root vegetable that is has a knobbly bulb shape.
Is celeriac low carb?
Despite being a root vegetable celeriac is a low carb vegetable. It makes a great replacement for potato and can be made into low carb mash, fries and hash browns. A 100g serving has just 7g net carbohydrates which is less than half that of a potato.
Just a few pantry ingredients are in this recipe. For the peanut butter we used smooth, but crunchy would give a great texture. Use natural peanut butter with no added sugar.
How to make vegan peanut noodles
Once you have made your celeriac noodles, the peanut sauce is made and the noodles cooked in the sauce. Quick, easy and delicious.
If you don't have any celeriac noodles, they can be substituted with any other low carb noodles. Zucchini or spaghetti squash would work well.
For extra protein, add stir fried tofu or tempeh to the noodles.
Add shredded cabbage or sliced red bell peppers to the dish when cooking the celeriac noodles for a heartier meal.
For a peanut satay sauce add coconut milk in place of the water.
More keto celeriac recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Vegan Peanut Noodles
- 2 cups celeriac noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red chili deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, fresh grated
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ cup water
Make the Peanut Sauce
- In a medium bowl, add the peanut butter, tamari, lime juice and water. Mix well.
Cook the Noodles
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the olive oil on a medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and chili and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the celeriac noodles and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut sauce and cook for 2 minutes, covering the noodles.
- Serve immediately with chopped spring onions to serve.
YOUR OWN NOTES