Making keto risotto with celeriac rice is an easy and taste way to incorporate mushrooms into a vegetarian meal. The dish is low in carbs and high in nutritional value, making it an ideal choice for those following the keto diet.
Mushrooms form the base of this risotto dish, adding an earthy flavor that pairs wonderfully with the nutty richness of the celeriac rice.
If you are tired of cauliflower rice, celeriac rice makes another great low carb substitute for risotto or a stir fried dish. This risotto dish can be served as a main dish or a side dish.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
IS CELERIAC KETO FRIENDLY?
Celeriac is a root vegetable with a knobbly appearance. It might not look pretty but it makes a great low carb alternative to potatoes with just 7g net carbohydrates per 100g serving.
It can be made into noodles or rice and cooked into stir fries or in this recipe, a keto risotto.
Just a few simple ingredients make a tasty risotto. Make the celeriac rice ahead for a quick dish.
- Celeriac rice - this is easy to make and can be made ahead in a food processor.
- Mushrooms - Any variety of mushrooms can be used for a mushroom risotto. Portobello, porcini, cremini and shiitake mushrooms are a good choice.
- Cream - heavy cream gives any risotto a rich creamy texture
- Parmesan - use vegetarian parmesan cheese which can often be found in supermarkets.
We have not used any additional flavors but you could add herbs such as basil or fresh thyme to this risotto.
HOW TO MAKE CELERIAC KETO RISOTTO
Once the celeriac rice has been made, the risotto is easy.
To make the dish, sauté the shallots, garlic and then mushrooms until softened before adding celeriac rice and blending with vegetable stock. Simmer for 10 minutes, add the cream and grated Parmesan cheese!
CAN YOU MAKE THIS DISH VEGAN?
A risotto can easily be made vegan by substituting the heavy cram with soy cream and the parmesan with nutritional yeast. Sautee the shallots, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil or avocado oil.
Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container. It can last up to 2 days and should be reheated on the stove.
CAULIFLOWER RISOTTO RECIPES
MORE KETO CELERIAC RECIPES
If you enjoy celeriac, you might like our other recipes:
Celeriac Keto Risotto
- 12 oz celeriac rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup vegetarian parmesan cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the butter on a medium heat and sautee the chopped shallot for 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the celeriac rice, stir through the vegetables and add the stock and seasoning. Cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the celeriac rice is tender.
- Stir in the cream and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with more grated parmesan cheese if desired.
YOUR OWN NOTES