An easy grilled halloumi salad with fresh green beans, tomatoes and olives is a great summer dish.
Eat bite of this vegetarian salad is full of flavour and texture, as well as being colourful to look at. The lemon basil dressing gives this salad a great summer taste too.
What you need to make this grilled halloumi salad
This is a simple salad with just a few ingredients needed.
- Halloumi cheese - If you don't have halloumi cheese, use feta cheese or paneer.
- Green beans - fresh and thin work best.
- Kalamata olives - or black olives
- Cherry tomatoes - use the most flavoursome you can find. Bland tasteless tomatoes do nothing for a salad.
Add a lemon basil salad dressing and that's a simple salad recipe!
Try another dressing for a different flavour. Our avocado ranch dressing would work wonderfully.
Cherry tomatoes can be replace with other tomatoes that are chopped into the same size as the olives.
If you have any leftover salad, store in the fridge in a sealed container for 2-3 days (although ideally salads are best fresh). The halloumi will harden so reheat in a pan before serving.
More low carb salad recipes
Grilled Watermelon Halloumi Salad
Grilled Zucchini with Feta & Mint
Grilled Chayote Zucchini Salad
Roasted Cauliflower Halloumi Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Grilled Halloumi Salad
- 8.8 oz halloumi cheese
- ½ lb green beans
- 10 kalamata olives or black olives
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Top and tail the green beans. Place them in a small saucepan of water, bring to the boil and cover. Cook about 3-4 minutes until beans are tender.
- Drain the beans and rinse with cold water to retain their colour.
- Slice the halloumi cheese into ½ inch slices.
- Lightly spray a griddle pan or skillet with oil and cook the halloumi cheese on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side until there are golden griddle lines.
- Remove the cheese from the pan and set aside.
Make the dressing
- In a small bowl add the dressing ingredients and whisk well (you could also make this in a jar).
- Place the green beans, tomatoes, olive and halloumi in a large mixing bowl and mix. OR lay the ingredients on a plate with the halloumi placed on top.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply