Enjoy a bowl of creamy keto asparagus soup with just a few ingredients. Serve with low carb bread rolls for a hearty low carb vegetarian meal.
Asparagus is a great vegetable to grill or bake but equally enjoyable in a soup. There's something soothing about a green soup too!
Is asparagus keto?
Asparagus is a great low carb vegetable as it only has 1.8g net carbs per 100g serving. These green vegetables are an excellent source of folate, anti-inflammatory and rich in fibre.
How to make keto asparagus soup
For this soup recipe I've omitted onion as a base to keep the carbs low and to not distract too much from the asparagus flavour.
This low carb soup is a simple recipe with just a handful of ingredients. All you need is asparagus, garlic, vegetable stock, lemon juice and cream. Season with salt and pepper and that's it!
Can you make this vegan?
This asparagus soup can easily be made vegan by substituting the cream with coconut cream. Swap the butter for avocado or olive oil and you had a great vegan soup.
Enhance the flavour by adding grated fresh ginger to the soup.
More low carb soups to try
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Asparagus Soup
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup cream heavy/whipping cream
- Clean the asparagus and snap off the bottom ends. Chop and keep a couple of tips aside for a garnish.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter on a medium heat and cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped asparagus and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, seasoning and lemon juice. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and pulse until smooth. Be careful when handling hot liquids too!
- Return the blended soup to the saucepan and stir in the cream. Warm to serve and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve with a swirl of cream and garnish with asparagus tips.
YOUR OWN NOTES