Enjoy a bowl of this keto cream of mushroom soup for a great comfort food, whatever the weather. This is an easy soup to make with a delicious creamy texture and a great mushroom flavour.
Soup is surprisingly popular in St Lucia as it makes a great lunch. I even had a bowl of this for breakfast one day.
Can we have cream of mushroom soup?
The canned cream of mushroom soup in stores is not keto due to the sugar content. It will also have a few additives. Soup from a can is rarely a good idea. However, it's a soup that can easily be made keto.
This keto mushroom soup is also vegetarian. Many keto mushroom soup recipes will feature chicken stock, so always keep an eye on the ingredients.
Are mushrooms keto?
Mushrooms are a great keto vegetable and as well as being low in calories, they are low in carbs. Enjoy the range of mushrooms and their different flavours. Mushrooms do have different net carbs depending upon their type, but they are still a low carb vegetable.
How to make keto cream of mushroom soup
Soup is such an easy recipe and this mushroom soup is wonderfully simple. As with all soups, you saute the mushrooms, add a decent stock and for a creamy soup, pour in the cream. Season and slurp!
Add cream cheese for an extra creamy texture.
More low carb vegetarian soups
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 12 oz mushrooms
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cup vegetable stock
- 7 oz cream heavy
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery pepper or black pepper
- Slice the mushrooms.
- In a medium saucepan heat the butter and olive oil. Cook the onion until soft for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom slices and saute for 5 minutes until theyare cooked. Stir to ensure they arecooked on both sides.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add the thyme, celery pepper and salt.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer until the mushrooms are tender (about another 5-7 minutes).
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth (or slightly chunky if you prefer).
- Serve with slice mushrooms and grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Slurp and enjoy!