Soft keto nut free bread rolls for dinner rolls or split, fill and serve. If you have nut or coconut allergies, this low carb bread roll recipe is for you. They are also gluten free.
This is an easy recipe made with just a few ingredients. It's also a great high protein low carb bread roll as it uses whey protein protein in place of flour.
Flourless Bread Rolls
Soft and no eggy taste, these bread rolls are a great low carb substitute. High in protein and fiber, enjoy one or two with a bowl of soup!
How many carbs per keto roll?
We make 8 small bread rolls from this recipe. As they are high in fiber they are very filling so a small roll can suffice. Each roll is just 3g net carbs a roll.
As well as being low in carbs, there are 8g of protein in each bread roll too.
How to make keto nut free bread rolls
This low carb high protein bread roll recipe uses a few alternatives to flour. Pysllium husk powder provides the binder and the dough is kept moist with eggs and Greek yogurt.
The great thing about low carb bread is that it's so easy to make. No kneading or waiting for dough to rise. Just mix the ingredients in a bowl, shape and bake.
- Whey isolate powder - we have also made these with whey protein powder.
- Oat fiber - Purely fiber, this works like a white flour. We prefer the white brand by Lifesource for a great bake with a great taste. I purchase mine from Amazon.
- Flaxseed - ground and golden flaxseed. Dark could be used. Try to grind your own flaxseeds for freshness.
- Psyllium husk powder - A low carb substitute for gluten in baking.
- Greek yogurt - Fage is a good brand. This can be substituted with natural yogurt or even sour cream.
- Eggs - Room temperature for a better bake.
- Baking powder
- Apple Cider Vinegar - Acts with the baking powder to help lift the bread and give it the air holes in it.
How to store keto protein bread rolls
We keep these bread rolls in a sealed container in the fridge. They will last up to 5 days and do not become soggy with age either.
Freezing these nut free bread rolls is easy and they defrost well. Once the bread rolls have cooled down, place them in either a ziplock bag or air tight container. Freeze up to 3 months.
We have not yet tried any substitutions. The oat fiber could be swapped with almond flour for a low carb nut bread roll.
Grind the psyllium husk powder in a coffee grinder for a smoother and lighter powder.
Weigh the ingredients for a successful bake.
This dough could be baked in a loaf tin. Use a 1lb tin and increase the baking time by about 10-15 minutes.
More low carb bread recipes
Nut Free & Coconut Free Bread Rolls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Nut Free Bread Rolls
- ½ cup whey protein powder
- ½ cup oat fiber
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ½ cup psyllium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 medium eggs
- 7 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 160C/300F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk the Greek yogurt with the eggs until smooth.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and continue to whisk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until you have a dough.
- Using damp hands, form the dough into balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the rolls are firm and golden.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply