This colourful Mediterranean tomato cucumber salad is easy to make and full of refreshing flavours. Cucumber, tomatoes and feta are a classic salad trio.
Tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, red onion and olives are tossed in a herb salad dressing. This recipe makes a great side salad with our cold mushroom salad as well as a hearty summer main dish for a hot day.
For the freshest tasting Mediterranean tomato cucumber salad use the ripest ingredients you can find.
- Cherry Tomatoes - These were used so that the salad has even bite sizes. If you can't find cherry tomatoes, other tomatoes can be used. Ensure that they are colourful and ripe.
- Cucumber - An English or Persian cucumber is preferred as they have less seeds.
- Red Onion - This can be replaced with spring onions.
- Kalamata olives - If you can't find these, other black olives can be used. Try using your own marinated olives too.
- Feta Cheese - Creamy and salty. This can be purchased in a square or ready crumbled.
- Basil - Fresh basil elevates everything!
- Dressing of - Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt & pepper.
Use different fresh herbs such as parsely and coriander for a different flavour.
I peel stripes down the cucumbers for a dash of green colour in the salad.
To make this salad vegan, omit the Feta cheese.
Goats cheese or fresh mozzarella can be used instead of Feta Cheese.
Try a lemon herb salad dressing.
If you are a fan of garlic, add a minced clove or two to the salad dressing.
Try this as a side salad with Spinach Cheese Stuffed Peppers, Greek Stuffed Eggplant or Broccoli Cheddar Ring.
If you want a salad for lunch, this is a great option too.
Looking for more keto salads?
If there's one thing a vegetarian knows, that's a good salad! Here are a few low carb salad recipes to try.
Grilled Zucchini Salad with Feta & Mint
Roasted Cauliflower Halloumi Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Mediterranean Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ English cucumber
- ¼ red onion peeled & finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives or other black olives
- 4 oz Feta cheese
- ⅓ cup Basil fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oregano fresh or dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds and chop into bite sized pieces.
- In a small bowl combine your olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and oregano
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour the salad dressing over. Toss the salad to coat all the vegetables and cheese.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Keep chilled until you are ready to serve.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply