Keto vegan pumpkin coconut soup is a healthy pumpkin soup with a creamy texture thanks to the coconut milk. Fresh ginger gives this low carb soup a little kick and great flavour.
How to make pumpkin coconut soup
The 2 main ingredients for this keto soup is pumpkin puree and coconut milk. I use coconut milk from a tin as I find it creamier than the carton variety.
For the pumpkin puree you could use unsweetened canned puree or make your own. Making your own is simple enough. Peel and chop fresh pumpkin. Boil it until soft then blend. For an extra layer of flavour, roast pumpkin chunks first, then blend before using with the soup.
How to Store
You can either enjoy this soup immediately after making it or you can store it for later. I keep any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
This soup can be frozen. Once it has cooled, either pour into a sealable container or ziplock bags. Ensure you defrost the soup thoroughly before reheating.
A bowl of warm soup is comfort food alone, but serve it with low carb bread rolls for a hearty meal. The bread rolls in the photos are my egg free bread rolls. They are not vegan though as they use greek yoghurt.
More low carb soup recipes
Add a dash of cayenne pepper for a touch of heat or try curry spices.
Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Pumpkin Coconut Soup
- 2 cup pumpkin puree store bought or homemade
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ inch ginger grated
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk tinned
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pumpkin puree, stock and coconut milk and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth (always use caution when blending hot liquids).
- Return the soup to saucepan, season with the salt and pepper and heat the soup on a low heat to serve.