Enjoy this delicious and healthy keto vegetarian cheesy cabbage casserole recipe! This dish is perfect for those who are looking for a low-carb and high-fat meal that is both filling and satisfying.
Cabbage is a nutrient-dense vegetable that is packed with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants, making it a great addition to any diet. This recipe takes it to the next level by combining it with creamy and flavorful cheese, creating a dish that is sure to please even the most skeptical of eaters. Whether you are a vegetarian, keto enthusiast, or just looking for a new way to enjoy cabbage, this cheesy casserole is a must-try!
This is a hearty dish that uses our cauliflower taco meat recipe but you could use many other substitutes. It's a delicious spicy and cheesy dish that is very easy to make.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
CARBS IN CABBAGE
Cabbage is a great low carb vegetable with just 3g net carbohydrates per 100g serving. Not only is cabbage a great low carb vegetable, it's a great source of vitamin C and K. It's high in fiber and can help ease inflammation.
Grab your cabbage with a few simple ingredients and you are ready to make a tasty dinner.
- Cabbage - we use white cabbage but green cabbage could be used too.
- Cauliflower Taco Meat - this could be replaced with other keto vegetarian taco meat options such as our mushroom taco meat, tvp, or store purchased plant based options.
- Tinned tomatoes - check the labels for added sugars
- Cheddar cheese - Monterey Jack cheese could be substituted for a spicier taste/
- Chili powder - if you don't like your food too spicy, this can be omitted or replaced with a milder spice, such as cayenne pepper.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHEESY CASSEROLE
A quick and easy recipe made in the skillet and finished in the oven.
Saute onions, garlic, jalapeno and cabbage.
Stir in cauliflower taco meat and tinned tomatoes.
Cover with shredded cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an air tight container and should last up to 3 days. Reheat the cabbage dish in the microwave or on the stove.
CAN THIS BE FROZEN?
To freeze this cabbage dish, allow it to completely cool. Then place in an airtight container and in the freezer. It should freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost thoroughly before reheating.
MORE KETO CABBAGE DISHES
Cabbage is a great cheap and low carb dish that can be enjoyed in other recipes:
Cheesy Cabbage Casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 jalapenos deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ head cabbage, finely sliced white or green
- 14 oz tinned tomatoes
- 2 cups cauliflower taco meat
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on a medium heat.
- Cook the onions for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sliced cabbage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cauliflower taco meat and tinned tomatoes. Stir well and season with the salt and pepper.
- Remove from the stove and cover with the shredded cheese.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180C/350F degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve and enjoy!
YOUR OWN NOTES