This lupini beans recipe is a great low carb summer bean salad. Lupini beans are cooked in a tomato and dill sauce, then served at room temperature as a tapas dish.
Enjoy a dish of this lupini bean salad as a tapas dish with slices of my low carb baguette for dipping with the sauce. Although I recommend this to be served at room temperature to allow the flavours to develop, it is delicious warm too.
Lupini beans are great for a keto vegetarian diet due to their high protein and great amino acid content, low carbs and healthy nutrients.
How to use lupini beans
Lupini beans are often eaten as as snack. Pop the skins, season them and eat. They can be purchased dry or ready to use in jars of brine.
What do lupini beans taste like
The flavour of a lupini bean is not strong but has a mild nutty taste. I find the texture is similar to a butter bean. In this recipe the sauce is the star with the lupini beans adding great texture.
More low carb recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Tomato Dill Lupini Bean Salad
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz lupini beans from a jar
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill chopped
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons dill
- Heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat and cook the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir and simmer for 5 minutes. If the mixture becomes too dry add additional water.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Serve at room temperature with fresh chopped dill.