This quick and easy low carb alfredo sauce is ready in 10 minutes and great served over vegetable noodles, low carb pasta dishes or steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
Once you make homemade alfredo sauce, you'll never buy store bought again! Even better is that you know exactly what went into the sauce and that there are no hidden additives or sugar.
Keto Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo sauce is the perfect keto sauce as it's mainly butter, cream and cheese! With low carbs and a great fat content, it has only 2g net carbs a serving.
Is Alfredo Sauce Vegetarian?
Parmesan is used to make this sauce and is not vegetarian due to the use of animal rennets making this cheese. To ensure that this keto alfredo sauce is vegetarian, use a vegetarian parmesan. The same applies for any recipe for parmesan.
How to Make Vegetarian Alfredo Sauce
All you need to make a low carb alfredo sauce is a few ingredients you may already have in the fridge:
- Cream (heavy)
- Parmesan (Vegetarian)
- Cream cheese
- Salt & Pepper
Can you make alfredo vegan sauce?
If you were looking for a vegan version of alfredo sauce, you could use soaked cashew nuts with nutritional yeast. Add garlic and flavourings, blend and them simmer on the stove.
How to use alfredo sauce
In addition to serving with low carb noodles, try these recipes with alfredo sauce.
More low carb vegetarian sauces to try
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Low Carb Alfredo Sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese vegetarian brand
- 1 cup cream heavy/whipping
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese has melted.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally to prevent any sticking or burning of the sauce.