Tasty keto eggplant fries are covered in a garlic almond flour coating and made in the air fryer. A delicious side dish or appetizer served with a low carb marinara sauce.
If you enjoy our eggplant fries, try a crispier version with an eggplant chips recipe.
Is eggplant keto?
Eggplant is a great keto vegetable with 3g net carbs per 100g serving. It is a versatile vegetable and makes a great meat replacement for vegans and vegetarians. Try our eggplant roll ups or eggplant meatballs for a tasty keto vegetarian dish.
How to make keto eggplant fries
This easy eggplant recipe is as simple as slicing the eggplant into long strips. How thick they are is up to you. I like mine on the chunky side but if you slice thinner, they will cook quicker.
Eggplant sizes vary but a long eggplant makes a better shape for cutting into fries. A medium or large size one will work for this recipe.
The eggplant strips are then dipped in beaten egg and in an almond flour coating. I seasoned my almond flour with garlic powder but any herbs or spices could be use.
I've included baking instructions in the recipe card if you don't have an air fryer.
Instead of strips of eggplant, cut the eggplant into circles.
To make this vegan omit the egg and use almond milk instead. You need a wet liquid for the almond flour coating to stick to the eggplant.
Almond flour can be substituted with other low carb flours such as lupin flour, coconut flour or oat fiber.
Make your eggplant fries spicy by adding chili powder or cayenne pepper to the flour mixture.
More low carb fries to try
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Eggplant Fries
- 1 eggplant medium sized
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the stem and bottom off from the eggplant.
- Slice into strips, about ½ inch thick (or thinner/thicker for your own preference)
- Set up your dipping station with the beaten eggs in one shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, mix the almond flour, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Dip the eggplant sticks into the beaten egg, then into the almond flour mixture, ensuring that they are thoroughly coated.
To Air Fry
- Place the coated sticks in the air fryer basket. Give a light spray of oil and cook at 200C/400F for 10-12 minutes until golden and tender.
- Place the eggplant fries onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 200C/400F degrees for 15-20 minutes
- Serve with Marinara sauce (or sauce of your choice).
YOUR OWN NOTES